What happens to your hard earned money after bad food?
It goes down the drain that is what happens to it. You waste your day and sleepless nights to eat that one meal that had all the burgers and drinks you ever wanted. You get it delivered to your home and eat it with all the satisfaction in the world but what happens the next day, FEVER, VOMITS and DIARRHEA. You are pale and experiencing abdominal pains.
You have food poisoning.
You might feel like crying but don’t. Because, firstly, you will get better and, secondly, you can get your money back.
Is getting my money back possible?
There is a way of getting your money back because food poisoning can come out to be a very deadly infection if it is not controlled. Many people die because of food poisoning. Almost every one of us dines out every month or week. This increases the risk of food poisoning.
Mostly infections are caused by the different types of bacteria like E-coli and salmonella which are present in food. Many people suffer from vomiting and high fever caused due to food poisoning.
This can become fatal in old people and in babies whose immunity is very low and immune system is weak or underdeveloped.
You can get a lawyer and sue the restaurant for its low quality food. There are many different laws which support you on suing against bad food. If your case goes well then the restaurant will have to return some of your money. But be sure to keep your side strong. Some of the measure before suing the restaurant are:
- Make sure that you ordered a properly cooked steak and the restaurant sent you a raw one.
- The meat you ordered smelled bad or was looking like it was contaminated.
Keep your end strong. Also tell your lawyer everything. But, on the other hand, instead of suing the restaurants and wasting more money than you spent. Just don’t take the pains to sue the particular restaurant.
Food poisoning and some precautions
Instead of suing the restaurant for serving bad food, this might have happened once in a million, you can take up the following precautionary measures to avoid food poisoning.
- Try not to dine out that often. Food served in restaurants is unhealthy and unhygienic. Make fresh and healthy food at home. Try new recipes and feed it to your loved ones. It will not only make them happy but it will also make you a better chief.
- Clean your hands and utensils before using them with a nice and expensive soap. Bacteria is present on utensils which are left overnight.
- Use separate plates for raw and cooked meat or it can result in cross-contamination.
- Cook your meat at good and high temperature to kill all the bacteria and viruses present in them
- Never ask for uncooked steak at restaurants. It will for sure cause food poisoning.
Other than these measure, you can always get your money back. Hire a good well-known lawyer and you might win.
symptoms of food poisoning and its time frame